Notes from the Island — April 5
Posted April 5, 2022 at 6:00 am by Jeff Arnim
- The high school baseball team returns to the diamond at Linde this afternoon at 4:30 p.m. in a conference game against Concrete High School.
- San Juan Singers are performing a Celtic concert this Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. at the Community Theatre. The performances feature Irish, Scottish, and Welsh music accompanied by piano, harp, fiddle, and clarinet. Tickets are $20 for adults, $10 for student reserved, and $5 for student rush.
- Island grown lamb is available for your Easter meals. Call Michelle Loftus at 360–378-4738 to order.
- Lynn Weber-Roochvarg has written a detailed history of the Friday Harbor water system.
- The Land Bank’s Community Conversation with San Juan Island residents takes place tomorrow at 5:30 p.m. over Zoom.
- Herb’s has karaoke every Wednesday from 9 p.m. to midnight. And you thought there wasn’t any nightlife on San Juan Island.
Have something to share with the Island? Whether the news is big or small, let us know!
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.
Categories: Around Here