Notes from the Island — May 11
Posted May 11, 2022 at 6:00 am by Jeff Arnim
- Friday Harbor High School baseball takes on Coupeville High School in a playoff tiebreaker tomorrow at 3 p.m. in LaConner.
- A Bear Called Friday — a project that aims to raise funds to adopt and provide sanctuary for a rescued moon bear on behalf of the town of Friday Harbor — is holding a fundraiser garage sale this Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 518 Vine St. There will be a wide range of items for sale, including dishes, bedding, furniture, household items, art, and women’s clothing.
- The San Juan Islands Museum of Art will be discussing its accomplishments, activities, and community contributions at a public event next Thursday, May 19 from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at the museum. The event is free, open to the public, and doesn’t require advance registration.
- The Kettlebell Cafe, located at San Juan Island Fitness & Aquatics, is offering two-for-one breakfast sandwiches today with the purchase of a coffee drink between 7 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- The San Juan Island Half Marathon needs a few more volunteers for the event, which takes place this Saturday.
- The San Juan Lions Club is sponsoring free health checks through the Lions Health Screening Unit on Thursday and Friday at the Mullis Center. They’ll be offering confidential screenings for issues with vision and hearing, blood pressure, blood sugar, and glaucoma. The clinic runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday. Free transportation is available if you call 206–251-4972.
Have something to share with the Island? Whether the news is big or small, let us know!
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.
Categories: Around Here