Notes from the Island — June 1
Posted June 1, 2022 at 6:00 am by Jeff Arnim
- Island Air Ambulance will have a space at this weekend’s farmers market to share CPR awareness in recognition of CPR Awareness Week. Island Air’s flight crew — consisting of board-certified paramedics and nurses — will be available to demonstrate and answer any questions for free.
- Friday Harbor Film Festival’s next offering in their Director Series is Alaska’s Great Race, which offers an inside look at Susan Butcher’s quest to win the Iditarod dog sled race. The film will be available on demand from June 3 through June 15.
- The San Juan Island Garden Club’s next meeting is Tuesday, June 7 at 1 p.m. at the picnic shelter at Jackson Beach.
- San Juan Community Theatre has extended its run of Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella through Sunday. That means 7:30 p.m. performances on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday — plus Sunday at 2 p.m. Thursday’s show is pay-what-you-can and Sunday’s show is the socially distanced matinee.
- Everelse is hosting two shows at the end of the week. Friday it’s John Bellows and Younger Shoulder, while Saturday it’s Tommy Dale and the Dangerfields. Both shows start at 6 p.m.
- Van Go’s Pizza is closed for a few days. They’ll be back at it on Friday.
- Registration for Friday Harbor FC’s fall youth soccer programs is open through July 10.
Have something to share with the Island? Whether the news is big or small, let us know!
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.
Categories: Around Here