Notes from the Island — June 3
Posted June 3, 2022 at 6:00 am by Jeff Arnim
- Two outdoor story walks organized by the library are available now — there’s one at Linde Park and another at the family park at the Fairgrounds.
- The San Juan County Conservation Land Bank is hosting a volunteer event for National Get Outdoors Day next Saturday, June 11, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Westside Preserve. You can learn about the Preserve’s prairie ecosystem while clearing invasive Himalayan blackberry along the trails. Long pants are recommended and you should bring pruners or loppers, gloves, and water. A light snack will be provided.
- The Food Co-op will be closed Saturday and Sunday while the staff does inventory.
- The Co-op has fresh ranunculus bouquets from Mama Bird Farm and mixed flower bouquets from Susie Wampler.
- San Juan Community Theatre is holding auditions for Mauritius, its fall play, on Saturday, June 25 at 2 p.m.
- Today is the first anniversary for Aloha Friday Hawaiian BBQ. They’ve extended their hours (Friday through Monday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.) and now have breakfast items on the menu.
- John Bellows & Younger Shoulder are performing at Everelse tonight starting at 6 p.m. Glad Acres will be there from 4 to 8 p.m. serving handmade tortillas, carnitas, veggie tamales, and horchata panna cotta.
Have something to share with the Island? Whether the news is big or small, let us know!
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.
Categories: Around Here