Notes from the Island — July 29
Posted July 29, 2022 at 6:00 am by Jeff Arnim
- This article from the Pew Charitable Trusts looks at how a coalition of scientists, Tribal representatives, conservationists, natural resource managers, and concerned citizens joined have joined forces to protect and restore thousands of acres of eelgrass in the San Juan Islands.
- The Young Adult Association of San Juan Island shares a story about their recent adventure to Orcas Island.
- The library is showing Spider-Man: No Way Home for students in grades six through 12 from 6:30 to 9:15 p.m. tonight. It’s a free event with snacks and craft materials provided.
- Guitarist and singer Alpha Yaya Diallo performs at 7:30 p.m. tonight at San Juan Community Theatre. Tickets are still available.
- The San Juan Island Pride Foundation — which recently received its 501(c)(3) status — announced that the inaugural San Juan Island Pride Festival will take place on Saturday, Aug. 13 from 3 to 8 p.m. at Jackson Beach. Learn more about the event or sign up to volunteer.
Have something to share with the Island? Whether the news is big or small, let us know!
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.
Categories: Around Here