- The San Juan County Economic Development Council has raised nearly $20,000 for business workers and owners affected by the April 7 fire. They’re trying to get to $30,000, so consider donating if you’re able. A generous donor has offered to cover all transaction fees, so every dollar goes toward helping those in need.
- The OPALCO Board of Directors election deadline is next Wednesday, April 27. At least 10 percent of co-op members must cast a vote in the election in order to achieve a quorum and have the election count.
- Plastic Free Salish Sea is holding a virtual lecture on changing our culture of single-use plastics. It takes place on Wednesday from 6 to 7 p.m. via Zoom.
- The Friday Harbor Sailing Club is hosting their Flotsam Flea & Sea Yard Sale next Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Fairgrounds. If you’re interested in selling anything, vendor applications are due a week from today.
- Spring Street theatre students are performing original plays and monologues at San Juan Community Theatre this Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are available at the door on the day of the show — suggested donations are $10 for adults and $5 for students, but the event is pay-what-you-can.
Have something to share with the Island? Whether the news is big or small, let us know!